SEFAA Out and About
SEFAA kicked off free quarterly Member's Meetings in 2013. Come enjoy a relaxing, enjoyable afternoon with fiber enthusiasts of all persuasions - makers, collectors, suppliers, and educators covering the wide spectrum of fiber art techniques. Who knows what associations and inspirations will result!
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and are the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects!)
Yearly events include:
- American Craft Council Show - We were part of the demonstration area in 2012, featuring weaving, rug hooking, fabric painting and more. It was so much fun that we'll be back in March of 2013.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- STITCHES South - SEFAA has a booth in the Market area of this fabulous event every April.
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Yarn Bombing - Join us each June to yarn bomb in celebration of World Wide Knit in Public Day and International Yarn Bombing Day.
Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Here's a quick look at our Upcoming events. Click on a title or scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|Ongoing||Online||SEFAA Online Auction|
|through June||H.J.C. Bowden Senior Multipurpose Faciltiy||Stitched Together Exhibition|
|June 4-30, 2013||SEFAA Center||Silk to Dye For Exhibition|
|June 8, 2013||Museum of Design Atlanta||Yarn Bombing 2013|
|July 21, 2013||SEFAA Center||Open House|
SEFAA's online auction is still open for business and items are selling fast. So, don't hesitate, have a look at all of the wonderful items and buy or bid today. Just click here or go to www.ebaygivingworks.com and enter SEFAA in the Nonprofit search box.
We have gift certificates for a weekend for two at the Center for Art & Rehabilitative Energies, and for a day at Georgian Oaks Farm. We have fiber art by Arturo Alonzo Sandoval, Ray Pierotti, Lucinda Carlstrom, Hellenne Vermillion, and more. We have yarn (lots of yarn!), we have jewelry, we have wall hangings and scarves, a hand-smocked baby dress, and books! Shop for yourself, for your friends and family and remember that all proceeds benefit SEFAA.
Stitched Together is on display at the H.J.C. Bowden Senior Multipurpose Facility
Stitched Together is an exhibition of wall hangings created by seniors from central Fulton County senior centers with assistance from SEFAA fiber artists. This joint project was made possible by a grant from Fulton County Arts & Culture. The hangings uniquely reflect each center and the participants from that center, and they illustrate a variety of fiber art techniques. All of the participants are quite proud of their work and truly enjoyed creating the hangings. In the words of one participant: “There was an artist buried inside of me that took 72 years to emerge.”
At the end of June, the wall hangings will be returned to their respective centers.
|Coleus by Margaret Agner||Dragon by Karen||Luna by Margaret Agner.|
Come see extraordinary silk painting in this exhibition of work by members of Silk Painters of Atlanta. The opening is 12-2 on Tuesday June 4th and the show will be open from 10-2 on subsequent Tuesdays and Thursdays through June.
Learn more about SPA at http://