SEFAA Out and About
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and are the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects!)
Yearly events include:
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- STITCHES South - SEFAA has a booth in the Market area of this fabulous event every April.
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Yarn Bombing - Join us each June to yarn bomb in celebration of World Wide Knit in Public Day and International Yarn Bombing Day.
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Here's a quick look at our Upcoming events. Click on a title or scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|Through Dec. 31, 2013||SEFAA Center||Karen Tunnell Exhibition|
|Dec. 18, 2013||SEFAA Center||Holiday Gift Exchange|
|June 5-29, 2014||Lamar Dodd School of Art Galleries, UGA, Athens, GA||Spotlight on Student Fiber Trends 2014 Exhibition|
Karen's amazing marbled, embellished and stitched works will be on display at the SEFAA Center through December 31st. Visit Tuesdays or Thursdays between 10 and 2 or email to set up an alternative date and time.
December 18, 2013
at the SEFAA Center
Please bring a anack to share and, optionally, an inexpensive gift (about $15) that will appeal to other fiber lovers - raw materials, books, tools, or items made using textile techniques. Then relax with friends and enjoy a fun-filled evening.RSVP by emailing email@example.com