SEFAA Out and About
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
- Annette Howell Turner Center for the Arts in Valdosta, GA
August 3 - September 16, 2015
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and are the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects!)
Here's a quick look at our Upcoming events. Click on a title or scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|May 3 - June 4, 2015||SEFAA Center||Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show 2015|
|May 8 - July 25, 2015||
||Intertwined: Contemporary Southeastern Fiber Art|
|June 6, 2015||SEFAA Center||Fiber Flea Market|
|June 10 - 25, 2015||SEFAA Center||Art Quilt Menagerie Pop-Up Exhibition by Ruth Anne|
|June 15 - August 30, 2015||
Environmental and Heritage Center
||Continuous Threads: 200 Years of Georgia Textiles|
|July 12, 2015||SEFAA Center||Open House|
|November 7-8, 2015||SEFAA Center||
Fiber Art Sale & Silent Auction
Yearly events include:
A selection of 2015 entries.
Saturdays 10 am - 4 pm
|Invited Artists||Selected Artists||Selected Artists|
Jim Arendt - Best of Show
|Lynn Pollard||Kevin Curry||Jacqueline Mehring - Honorable Mention|
Karen Donde, Kathie Roig,
and Barb Butler
||Muffy Clark Gill||
||Robin L. Haller - Honorable Mention||
Joyce Watkins King
Susan Lenz - Honorable Mention
Fiber Flea Market
June 6th from 10 am to 3 pm
at the SEFAA Center, 1705 Commerce Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- handwoven Guatemalan fabrics
- sewing fabric, notions, books
- yarn, fiber, used craft tools, fabric
- cross stitch, tapestry and crochet books and patterns, embroidery thread, wool and acrylic yarn, fabric scraps
- hand-dyed yarn (wool and some alpaca blends)
- multi-family stashes of needlework, knitting, felting items
- yarn, felt, buttons, beads, thread, books
- knitting, weaving, crochet, sewing items
- books, yarn, socks, yarn, roving
- amazing silks from the estate of fabric marbler Laura Sims, dozens of scarf blanks and bolts of all kinds of silk, all at 1/2-2/3 the price of retail, marbling and dyeing supplies, fabric, studio furniture
Art Quilt Menagerie
a Pop-Up Exhibition with Ruth Anne Yax
June 10 - 25 at the SEFAA Center
(open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 - 2 and by appointment)
June 14 - August 30, 2015
Environmental and Heritage Center
Discover traditional, southeastern domestic textiles together with over 50 contemporary artworks created by artists currently living and working in the region. Enjoy a history of textiles in Georgia, and learn how textiles and fiber touch all points of our lives. Explore interactive, hands-on stations where you can learn to weave, cross-stitch, design a quilt and much more.
"Ask a Historian" sessions where you can speak to quilt, sampler, and chenille experts
textile crafts and activities
auditions for NPR's StoryCorp - record your textile stories!
November 7 and 8, 2015. Save the dates!