SEFAA Out and About
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Here's a quick look at our Upcoming events. Click on a title o
r scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|February 4, 2018||SEFAA Center||Crocheting My Life (February Program Meeting)|
|February 15 - March 13, 2018||SEFAA Center||ICONIC: Tapestries by Molly Elkind exhibition|
|February 25, 2018||SEFAA Center||Annual Meeting|
|March 3, 2018||Georgia Museum of Art, Athens, GA||Tour of Crafting History: Textiles, Metals and Ceramics at the University of Georgia|
|March 8, 2018||SEFAA Center||Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show 2018 entries due!|
|March 16-18, 2018||
Cobb Gal eria Centre, Atlanta, GA
||American Craft Council Show Atlanta 2018|
|April 10, 2018||ART Station||Peace by Piece entries due.|
|July 21, 2018||Online||Spotlight on Student Fiber Trends 2018 entries due.|
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and or the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects)!
Yearly events include:
Please join us for the reception on February 25th at 2 pm.
This exhibition of handwoven tapestries features two series of work. One series considers the figure of the Virgin Mary, exploring the myth and the impact of Mary as an icon of womanhood. The other series explores abstract combinations of text and image as a kind of contemporary illuminated manuscript.
February 25, 2018 at 1 pm at the SEFAA Center
Please join us for a quick look at the State of SEFAA and final voting for our 2018 Board. Then stay for the opening reception for ICONIC: Tapestries by Molly Elkind beginning at 2 pm.
Georgia Museum of Art, 90 Carlton Street Athens, GA 30602
Please join us for a tour of this newly-opened exhibition with curator Ashley Callahan. We'll meet just inside the museum entrance at 3.15 pm and the tour will start promptly at 3.30 pm. Entry and parking are both free.
Since the late 1920s, the University of Georgia has offered instruction in textiles, ceramics, and jewelry/metalwork. Through the individual visions, careers and craftsmanship of more than two dozen professors, UGA’s craft areas have thrived. In addition to celebrating this local heritage, the exhibition will investigate the history of American studio craft through the lens of a public university. Artists represented include Earl McCutchen, Frances Stewart Higgins, Wiley Sanderson, Glen Kaufman, Robert Ebendorf and Gary Noffke.
Everyone is encouraged to enter this fun, free, un-juried exhibition. There are only three simple rules:
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries must include at least one fiber/textile technique.
- Entries must be 12" wide x 12" high x 12" deep or smaller.
This year, the exhibition will also be shown at The Center for Arts in Shellman, GA. You will be able to designate on the entry form whether or not you want your entry to travel.