SEFAA Out and About
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and are the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects!)
Here's a quick look at our Upcoming events. Click on a title or scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|August 5, 2016||SEFAA Center||Wool Speak Lecture with Kate Larson - August Program Meeting|
|August 14, 2016||SEFAA Center||Fiber Flea Market 2016|
|September 11, 2016||SEFAA Center||Turkish Needlelace with Dr. Lin Hightower - September Program Meeting|
|September 15, 2016 (or until full)||2016 Fiber Art Sale and Silent Auction Applications Due|
|September 24, 2016||Fiber Art Bombing Panels Due|
|October 29-30, 2016||SEFAA Center||ClothRoads Trunk Show|
Yearly events include:
|Size/Finishing Details||Design Details||Timing, etc.|
|Shape: Rectangular||Decorate both the front and the back, since panels will be viewed from all angles.||You can work solo or in a group.|
|Finished Length: 30"||
Use big, bold designs, since the panels will be viewed from a distance of at least 8'.
||You can create more than one panel.|
|Finished Width: 12" - 30"||Use bright colors like brilliant blue, fire yellow, and blazing orange for a majority of your panel so that it pops and so that all of the panels work together cohesively.||Safety pin a label to your panel with the following information: your name, phone number, email address and either "Donation" or "Return" depending on whether or not you want your panel back at the end of the yarn bombing.|
|Use fabric/materials that will stand up to the elements for 1-2 months.||Optionally, interpret the theme "Taste".||Deliver or mail your panel to the SEFAA Center by September 24th. The address is: SEFAA Center, 3420 W. Hospital Ave., Suite 103, Chamblee, GA 30341. Remember to include payment or a pre-paid shipping label for USPS, UPS, or Fed Ex if you want your panel sent back to you.|
|Each panel must have 1/2"-wide channels along the top and bottom OR grommets in all 4 corners for hanging.||Hopefully, the panels will stay on display at least through October.|
|Taste of Chamblee attendees will vote for their 5 favorite banners. Winners will receive extra publicity plus bragging rights.|
|Don't miss this premier opportunity to sell your handmade textiles and fiber art! All SEFAA members welcome to apply. Not a member? Join today!|
July 20 - Fiber Art Sale application period opens
August 20 - Promotional photos due (optional)
September 15 (or until full) - Fiber Art Sale application period closes
November 5 - Member Preview Brunch, Silent Auction, and Fiber Art Sale
November 6 - Fiber Art Sale
- Registration is limited to 40 artists.
- You will be notified of your acceptance status by email.
- You pay the $20 registration fee only if your work is accepted.
- We charge a very low 20% commission on sales.
- Please read the Requirements and Guidelines for complete Sale details.
- All Sale artists are expected to volunteer for one shift.
- Everyone else is encouraged to volunteer!
- Contact Chrissy at Sale@fiberartsalliance.org with any questions.