SEFAA Out and About
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- STITCHES South - SEFAA has a booth in the Market area of this fabulous event every April.
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Yarn Bombing - Join us each June to yarn bomb in celebration of World Wide Knit in Public Day and International Yarn Bombing Day.
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and are the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects!)
Here's a quick look at our Upcoming events. Click on a title or scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|Ongoing through October 31, 2014||Online||Intertwined: Contemporary Southeastrn Fiber Art Call For Entry|
|November 1, 2014||
||Leftovers Again? What to do with Leftover Fabric with Daryl Lancaster|
|November 8-9, 2014||SEFAA Center||2014 Fiber Art Sale and Silent Auction|
|April 16-19, 2015||Arrowmont, Gatlinburg, TN||Fiber Forum 2015|
Yearly events include:
Call For Entry
We are please to announce that entries are now being accepted for Intertwined: Contemporary Southeastern Fiber Art. Artists are invited to submit up to two works utilizing any textile- or fiber-based techniques to Intertwined, a survey of the best contemporary fiber art in the Southeast. The exhibition will showcase a wide range of content, materials, and techniques with the common threads of craftsmanship and passion.
Open to all artists working in one or more fiber techniques and living in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
Awards include $1,000 for Best of Show and three Honorable Mention awards of $200 each.
The exhibition will be held at the Hudgens Center for the Arts from January 13 through March 21, 2015.
Please visit CaFE for additional information and to enter. Entries will be accepted through October 31, 2014.
Auction: Saturday from 11 am to 1 pm
- Sale: Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 4
Clothing, accessories, gifts, household textiles and art
handmade for you by SEFAA fiber artists.
Buy artisan. Buy unique. Buy local.
Shop for yourself and for the holidays.
Silent Auction Preview