SEFAA Out and About
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and are the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects!)
Yearly events include:
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- STITCHES South - SEFAA has a booth in the Market area of this fabulous event every April.
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Yarn Bombing - Join us each June to yarn bomb in celebration of World Wide Knit in Public Day and International Yarn Bombing Day.
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Here's a quick look at our Upcoming events. Click on a title or scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|April 17-May 16, 2014||SEFAA Center||Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show 2014|
|May 3, 2014||SEFAA Center||
Fiber Flea Market
|May 4, 2014||SEFAA Center||
Lisa Klakulak - Images, Insights, Inspirations
|June 21, 2014||SEFAA Center||Global Artisans' Weaving Cooperatives and Their Future Sustainability|
|June 21-22, 2014||SEFAA Center||Cloth Roads Trunk Show|
|June 5-29, 2014||Lamar Dodd School of Art Galleries, UGA, Athens, GA||Spotlight on Student Fiber Trends 2014 Exhibition|
The show opens Thursday, April 17th, with the opening event scheduled for Saturday, April 26th from 2-4 pm (see invitation below.) It will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am to 2 pm through May 16th and by special appointment through May 16th. Stop by to vote for your favorites, to bid on a piece, and to see the Special Award Ribbon winners!
The Trunk Show is Free and open to everyone!