SEFAA Out and About
Here's a quick look at our
Upcoming events. Click on a title o
r scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|August 4, 2018||SEFAA Center||Spruce Up Day (August Program Meeting)|
|September 1, 2018||
Museum of Design Atlanta
||Tour Making Change: The Art and Craft of Activism (September Program Meeting)|
|October 5, 2018||The Fine Arts Center, Greenville, SC||Spotlight on Student Fiber Trends Exhibition Opening Reception|
|October 5 - November 2, 2018||The Fine Arts Center, Greenville, SC||Spotlight on Student Fiber Trends Exhibition|
|October 6, 2018||
Landmark Midtown Art Cinema
||Film Premier: Shepherdess of the Glaciers (October Program Meeting)|
|Through October 13, 2018||Online||Fiber Art Sale Applications accepted|
|October 20 and 21, 2018||SEFAA Center||Fiber Art Sale|
|November 27, 2018||Online||Georgia Gives Day|
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and or the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects)!
Yearly events include:
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Spruce Up Day
10 am - noon at the SEFAA CenterLet's see how many SEFAA Center "to-do" items we can tick off in two hours. A little of your time = a much nicer home for us all!
- Apply by submitting at Application Form at SEFAA.info/SaleApp.
- If accepted, Register and Pay via links provided in acceptance email.
- Submit Inventory List.
Georgia Gives Day
Save the date! November 27th is #GAgives on #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving fueled by the power of collaboration.