SEFAA Out and About
Ongoing events include Lunchtime Fiber every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. These events are free, open to everyone and are the perfect opportunity to relax, meet up with friends, and work on a current fiber project or weave on the SEFAA Center loom. Come often and whittle down that list of UFO's (UnFinished Objects!)
Yearly events include:
- American Craft Council Show - Look for us in the demonstration area where we'll be showcasing many different fiber techniques.
- Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show - A month-long exhibition of small works of fiber art. Open to everyone, unjuried, and tons of fun!
- STITCHES South - SEFAA has a booth in the Market area of this fabulous event every April.
- Fiber 'n Fabric Market - In May or June, shop for bargains on materials, supplies, equipment, books and magazines, handcrafted items, and ethnic textiles. If it has to do with textiles, you can find it!
- Yarn Bombing - Join us each June to yarn bomb in celebration of World Wide Knit in Public Day and International Yarn Bombing Day.
- Artists' Sale - Early November is your chance to shop for exquisite handmade textiles and fiber art made for you by SEFAA members.
Here's a quick look at our Upcoming events. Click on a title or scroll down the page to see detailed descriptions for each event.
|March 14-16, 2014||Cobb Galleria Center||SEFAA in the Demonstration Area of the American Craft Council Show|
|March 27, 2014||SEFAA Center||Japanese Embroidery Exhibition Opening|
|April 7, 2014||SEFAA Center||Members' Meeting - Urban Nature with Cas Holmes|
|April 10-13, 2014||STITCHES South - Visit SEFAA in the Vendor's Market|
|April 17-May 16, 2014||SEFAA Center||Square Foot Fiber Art Pin Up Show 2014|
|June 5-29, 2014||Lamar Dodd School of Art Galleries, UGA, Athens, GA||Spotlight on Student Fiber Trends 2014 Exhibition|
Opening: Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 6 - 8 pm
On view: March 27 - April 8 (except for Sunday March 30th) from 10 am to 4 pm
The following ribbons will be awarded:
- 12 People's Choice ribbons - chosen by attendee voting. These 12 pieces will be featured in SEFAA's online and social media sites in 2015.
- 11 Special Award ribbons - awarded by SEFAA member organizations including:
- Best Use of Knitting awarded by the Atlanta Knitting Guild
- Best Use of Sewing awarded by the Atlanta Chapter of the American Sewing Guild
- Best Use of Weaving awarded by the Chattahoochee Handweavers Guild
- Best Use of Couture Techniques awarded by City-Wide Couture
- Best Fusion of Fiber Art Forms awarded by Fiber Art Fusion
- Best Use of Handspun awarded by the Peachtree Handspinners Guild
- Best Entry Incorporating a Silk Painting Technique awarded by the Silk Painters of Atlanta
- Best Use of "5" (in honor of SEFAA's 5th anniversary) awarded by SEFAA
- Best Use of Multiple Fiber Techniques awarded by SEFAA
- Best Collaborative Entry (two or more artists) awarded by SEFAA
- Most Easy to Appreciate awarded by the Textile Appreciation Society of Atlanta