Facilities and Programs
What You Can Find at the SEFAA Center
The SEFAA Center is a vibrant, creative and comprehensive fiber arts center that engages the public, inspires and supports artists, and teaches and displays all aspects of the fiber arts.
The SEFAA Center is located in Chamblee, GA (metro Atlanta area) and includes a large communal space for meetings, classes, workshops, and exhibitions, as well as a library and storage. There is also one studio currently available for rent.
If you are a fiber artist looking for a studio, please email to set up a time to visit!
- If you are an individual or organization interested in renting the communal space for classes, meetings, or workshops, please check the Calendar and/or email for availability.
- Rates for the large communal room are as follows:
|Non-Member Rate||Overnight Hold Fee|
- Download the Reservation Form which includes details about the available facilities.
You can now pay your rental deposit online:
- To tempt you here are some recent photos:
|Clones Lace Workshop|
Located at 1705 Commerce Drive NW in Atlanta, the SEFAA Center is easily accessible to a majority of the metro population and to members and customers from other parts of Georgia as well as Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, and other nearby states.
Ultimately, SEFAA will purchase a 14,000 sq. ft. or larger building to provide permanent, purpose-built facilities which will include the following:
- Meeting rooms
- Retail space for the sale of members' work
- A dye laboratory
- A library - Our current library is small, but growing. Our books are catalogued here!
- Artist studios
- Storage facilities
- A kitchen/break area
- An entry/reception area
Classes, seminars, and workshops covering the vast spectrum of fiber arts will be the focal point of SEFAA activities. In addition, SEFAA plans to offer:
- Children's summer camps
- Open studio time
- Expanded artist studios
- A resource area promoting fiber businesses and educational opportunities
- A gift shop
With this comprehensive suite of programs, SEFAA will foster community, creativity, inspiration and exploration, intertwining the various fiber arts and celebrating and perpetuating all fiber art forms.