Frequently Asked Questions
- What is SEFAA? SEFAA is a regional tax-exempt organization that provides non-accredited fiber arts education, exhibitions, encouragement and inspiration for anyone with an interest in any aspect of the fiber arts. SEFAA especially seeks to help fiber artists in the Southeastern United States: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- What facilities does SEFAA currently provide? A large communal room for meetings, classes, and exhibitions, a small (but growing!) library, and an artist studios.
- What classes, workshops, and events is SEFAA offering currently? Check both our Classes and Workshops page and our Events page for current, future and past offerings.
- Does my organization need to be a 501(c)(3) to join SEFAA? No. All organizations can join SEFAA regardless of their tax-exempt status.
Why should I join SEFAA as an individual member if I belong to an organization that is already a member of SEFAA? Individual and organization member benefits are quite different, since the needs of individuals and organizations are different. Here is a table highlighting some of the differences in benefits. Check the membership page often as benefits will increase as SEFAA grows!
Membership Benefits Individual Member Benefits Organizational Member Benefits 10+% discount on classes, seminars, and workshops Discounts on rental of the SEFAA Center for meetings, workshops and classes. Exhibition opportunities. Connection to the fiber arts community via monthly Organization E-newsletters, social media and the SEFAA website. Connection to the textile community via SEFAA's monthly E-newsletter, social media presence and website Opportunity to mount organization exhibitions and to participate in joint exhibitions. Exposure to a wide variety of individuals and organizations interested in the fiber arts. Opportunity to co-sponsor classes and events with SEFAA Reciprocal links between your website and the SEFAA website Opportunity to display and distribute promotional information at the SEFAA Center and at certain SEFAA events. Discounts on rental of meeting space to teach classes and workshops. Reciprocal links between organization website and SEFAA website 10% discount on annual dues for organization members who join SEFAA as individual members
- Will I need to volunteer if I join SEFAA? No. Volunteers are always appreciated, but you will not be required to volunteer for the organization if you become a member.
- How do I join SEFAA? Return to the Membership Page for general information and/or click here to print out a membership form to fill out and mail in.
- When is the SEFAA Center Open? Currently, the SEFAA Center is open from 10 am to 2 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for Lunchtime Fiber. Everyone is encourage to drop in, relax, and/or bring a project to work on. If these times aren't convenient for you, please email and we'll do our best to meet you at the Center at a time that works for you.